Every day more than 2,000 missing children reports are filed in the U.S. every day. It becomes hard to solve the cases as parents fail to provide accurate information and evidence. Here are some strategies to prevent child abduction.
- You should take an ID-like photo of your child every six months, and they must be fingerprinted. Your local police departments might sponsor fingerprinting programs.
- You should keep some important documents in order all the time. These include the kid’s custody documents, latest medical and dental records, etc.
- You should be concerned about online safety. The Internet is a great platform for communication and getting information, but it is also a place where predators stalk kids. You should be aware of your kid’s online activities. You should keep track of who they talk to in social media or chat rooms. You should avoid posting your kid’s photos online.
- You should set limits on the places your kids can go. Whenever you go outside with your kids, for example, to movie theaters, mall, parks, etc. you should be with your kid all the time. You should never leave your kids alone in a stroller or a car.
- When you hire babysitters for your kid, be very careful. You should check their backgrounds and references.
By taking these precautions, you can prevent child abduction to a great extent. Your child is your most precious thing in life. You should protect your child by all means.